My makeup routine is pretty simple. I throw on some moisturizer, powder, eyeliner and mascara. My lashes are pretty sparse, so I need to use something to give them a boost.
I’ve seen quite a few women with fake eyelashes that stick on with glue or lash extensions from the salon. They look amazing on them but I just can’t imagine the maintenance or the upkeep for something like that.
I was sent the Moodstruck 3D Fiber Lashes by Younique to try out and I’m a believer! I’ve heard about these fiber lashes but I was never brave enough to give them a try. They are very easy to apply and only take a few more minutes than my usual makeup routine. They can be applied everyday and you can also choose the intensity of coverage based on how many coats you apply.
The Kit includes two tubes. One is called Transplanting Gel and the other contains natural fibers. The fibers are 100% natural green tea fibers!
Here are the easy step by step instructions on how to apply:
- Apply a thin coat of your favorite regular mascara on both sets of lashes. Let dry.
- Apply an even coat of transplanting gel on lashes
- Immediately, before gel has time to dry, apply fibers onto lashes
- Lastly, seal the fibers with another coat of Transplanting Gel.
Here are some helpful tips when applying the 3D Lashes:
- Do one eye at a time
- Use a lash comb to separate lashes and eliminate clumps
- Apply 3D lashes as many times as you want but be sure to use the Transplanting Gel between applications to seal them.
- If you apply too many fibers at one time, you will have fibers falling on your cheeks
I personally don’t use the fiber lashes everyday. I do love to use them when I’m going out with my husband or for a special occasion. I found that they stay on really well but I do check in the mirror periodically for a stray fiber on my cheek. It is very rare that it happens but I like to check just in case. In fact, they stay on so well that I found face wash alone will not take them off completely. I our a little olive oil or coconut oil in my hands and rub the oil into my closed eyes and lashes. Then, I use a wet paper towel and gently remove my eye makeup and the lashes.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post for an independent distributor of Younique Moodstruck 3D Fiber Lashes. All opinions are mine alone.