I love to decorate and create. I’m not that crafty but I sure do try. No matter what your skill level may be you can get crafty with Board and Brush Glendale!
There are so many projects to choose from and quite a few classes. Whether you want to create a sign with your home state painted on it or personalize something with your last name, they’ve got you covered. Be sure to checkout their huge gallery of projects.
My mom and I stopped by for a class and it was so easy to find. Board and Brush Glendale is located on the southwest corner of 67th avenue and the 101. The studio is BYOB so we stopped in at AJ’s and grabbed some iced teas. Don’t worry if you’re running late and don’t have time to grab a beverage. The studio has a beverage station with water, hot cocoa and coffee that is complimentary.
The first step to creating a project is heading to the Board and Brush Glendale website and looking at their class calendar. Then you can choose the date you’re interested in, enter information like which sign you would like to make and what personalization you would like, if any.
When we arrived, everything was set out for us and ready to go. The owners Donna and Kristen were there to greet us and help us find our seats.
The class was 3 hours and we utilized every single minute. Here is what you can expect:
- Distress your boards using hammers and meat tenderizers. (Don’t worry, they have ear plugs available)
- Sand your boards and make sure there are no splinters.
- Choose a stain and use a rag make the boards look pretty.
- Utilize a dry brush technique (optional)
- Lay your stencil on your board and choose the color paint you would like. (They have a wall of colors. If you don’t see your favorite, just ask they may have it in the back)
- Once you’ve finished painting your sign and it’s had time to dry, you’ll wax the board to give it a nice patina.
My sign is outside so instead of applying wax, I sprayed a clear coat on it when I got home. This should help protect it from this wicked Arizona heat. I’ve already had a compliment from the UPS guy on my sign!
Board and Brush Glendale is a great option for work parties, church outings or even a bridal shower. How awesome to have a bride to be create a custom piece for her new home and family!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post on behalf of Board and Brush Glendale. All opinions and experiences are my own.