Have you ever craved home made chocolate chip cookies just to find out that you don’t have any flour? Well, I have an easy recipe for chocolate chip cookie bars using a cake mix and three other ingredients!
- 1 Box Cake Mix (I used Yellow but any flavor should work)
- 2 Eggs
- 5 Tbs Butter, Melted
- 1 Bag Chocolate Chips
- Combine cake mix, eggs and butter in a large bowl. When all ingredients are mixed well, fold in chocolate chips.
- Transfer the batter into a greased 9×13 pan. (The batter is pretty thick. I had to put cooking spray on my hands and spread the batter in the pan.)
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes. They are done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before cutting. I know that is really hard to do but they will fall apart if they are not cool. I like to stick mine in the freezer to speed up the process.
The possibilities are really endless with the cake mix and chip combinations. Next time I might try a cherry cake mix with chocolate chips or a chocolate cake mix with peanut butter chips. Now I’m really making myself hungry!