GIVEAWAY NOW CLOSED
WINNER: Comment 35 Lisa Spencer!
LongHorn Steakhouse has provided the prizes for this giveaway in exchange for this informational post.
Tomorrow is the 4th of July and I’m sure many of us will be grilling. LongHorn Steakhouse® has some great grilling tips on how to grill a great steak! They also have a Longhorn grill hot line where you can call and speak to an expert about your grilling needs. Just call 1-855-LH-GRILL with all of your questions.
Grilling Tips: How to Grill a Great Steak
Below are a few tricks of the trade from grill masters at LongHorn Steakhouse® to help you grill the perfect steak this Fourth of July.
Selecting Your Steak
- When selecting a steak, remember three things: cut, marbling and freshness.
- Marbling is the whiteness that runs through the steak and makes it juicy.
- Filets, sirloins and ribeyes are three common cuts you can find at your local grocer.
- Filets are lean and tender. They have a buttery texture and subtle flavor.
- Sirloins are also a lean cut and are very juicy.
- Bone-in Ribeye has the most marbling – and is the juiciest and most flavorful steak.
- Fresh steak is always best because it guarantees the meat will be tender and juicy.
Seasoning Your Steak
- Seasoning helps the true flavor of the meat shine and can add another layer of taste to the meal.
- For steaks, LongHorn uses one of three secret dry seasonings, but similar flavors can be achieved at home.
- Combine salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder and mix it together. Adjust the seasonings as needed.
- Don’t be shy when seasoning. Season the steak boldly. Sprinkle and rub the seasoning on both sides of the meat, making sure it’s coated.
Grilling Your Steak
- If you’re using an outdoor chargrill, fully clean and prep it using a wire-bristled brush and light coat of vegetable or olive oil.
- Heat the surface of the grill so that it’s very hot – about 500 degrees.
- Sear the steak until grill marks appear, then give it a quarter turn while on the same side. Flip and repeat.
- For the LongHorn Steakhouse experience at home, pair your perfectly grilled steak with a delicious side, like a sweet potato or fresh vegetables.
One lucky winner will win a $40 LongHorn Steakhouse gift card and seasoning kit. All you need to do is leave a comment and tell me your favorite item to throw on the grill. I love grilling veggies! Make sure to leave your email address.